When Dad goes out for dinner, my mom and I get super excited cause we know we can make whatever we want without grumbling from him. We love our veggie burgers and tofu and he doesn't so these are our free reign nights!
Last night, we made quinoa cheeseburgers with carmelized onions and sweet potato fries. It was amazing. These are super quick and easy!! They take about 30 minutes total and are soooo good.
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup cannellini beans, mashed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peper
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Quinoa avocado buns
1. In a bowl combine the quinoa, mashed cannellini beans, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, chipotle chile powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to moisten the ingredients and then mix in the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well again and form into 4 or 5 equal burger patties (I made 5).
2.In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grab the quinoa burgers and cook until golden and crisp, about five minutes per side. During the last minute or so of cooking add the cheese that you want, I used provolone but Gruyere or even more cheddar would be great, cover the pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. My burgers were a little crumbly but very easy to flip.