Gluten free bread sucks. There's no way around that. But, if you try to make it completely different, it turns out well! So for my mom, I made these thick, hearty rolls that are super delicious. If I could have I would've ground up the quinoa a lot better but I was afraid my food processor was going to overheat so I had to take what I could get. They're super easy and I guarantee you'll love them!
- 1 1/2 cup whole quinoa
- 200 gr almond meal
- 2 TBSP ground linseed
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170C and line a tray with baking paper.
- 2. Add quinoa to a blender and whiz until you get it to a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, mix quinoa, almond meal, linseed, sesame seeds, sea salt and baking powder.
- 3. In a separate bowl, peel and mash the avocado. Add lime zest and juice, honey and water and mix.
- 4. Add the avocado water mix to the dry ingredients and mix well by hand for 2-3 minutes until you got a sticky, firm dough.
- 5.Shape 5 balls out of the dough, slightly flatten them (not too much though) and place them in the baking paper, making sure they don’t touch.
- 6. Bake for around 25 minutes. Check them after about 15 minutes and if the bottom browns more than the top, turn them over for the remaining time. To check if they’re done, poke 2-3 of them with a BBQ skewer and if it comes out clean and if the outside is golden brown, they’re done .
- 7. Allow them to completely cool before cutting.