It's the middle of the fall season and we're quickly heading towards winter. Obviously one of my favorite pastimes is shopping (much to the dismay of Ryan) so I am constantly taking in all the new lines and styles. These are a few of my favorite trends that I'm seeing that I can't wait to get in my own closet.
Blazers, loafers, long coats, sophisticated style, it's all coming back quick to take over not just offices but the streets as well. Think mid-2000s when girls were wearing ties as belts, like that, but classier.
Velvet, faux leather, satin, you name it we have it in metallic. These colors are so fabulous and really seem to have found their home in winter. Add a bulky wool sweater to a pair of metallic velvet pants or just go with one metallic party dress to wow everyone at Thanksgiving.
Warm earthy tones make this trend super approachable and flattering on so many people. Suede and leather are perfect for this trend, making you feel like a real life cowgirl. Statement jackets are so fun to wear, go crazy and pair it with denim and leather boots to balance it out.
I have no words except I need all of these in my life. RIGHT NOW.
My favorite trend is here. The bomber jacket. It's cool, it can be edgy, it can be sweet, it can be whatever you want it to be but it will always be a bomb look. I am honestly surprised I don't have like, 20, but hey my bank account can only go so low. These jackets look good on so many different body types and they're so versatile to any style. They're like the chameleon of outerwear. Oh also you can get light bombers for the fall ( like mine) or you can get heavy ones for winter!! BOMBER JACKETS FOR EVERYONE!!
If I were Oprah I would have all my readers look under their chairs rn and pull out a jacket. Alas, I am not Oprah and you have to settle for looking at these pictures (and following the links to buy your own).
I had my best friend Lauren take my pictures for me and let me tell you- having your best friend take your pictures is amazing because she knew all my good angles and was just complimenting me the whole time. It was so great.
I put my deep green jacket with dark wash jeans and a white tshirt so the jacket was the main focus of the outfit. It's definitely a statement piece with the large flowers and velvet material. I added my favorite Free People bra underneath to add a layer of dainty lace; the green bomber can look masculine but the flower appliques and lace peeking out makes it much more feminine.
Click on the pictures below to be directed to where you can buy exactly what I'm wearing!
Ask any girl from the age of 18-29 what her favorite season is and chances are, it's fall. Fall is the best because it's not too hot anymore but it's not cold enough that you can't stand spending more than 15 minutes outside. Also the shoes are my favorite. I got these for back to school and now that it's September I can't wait to start wearing them!
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links, so if you buy something I get a little something for directing you there!*
Vince Camuto makes my favorite shoes ever. Literally every pair is so comfy and lasts forever and looks adorable. I will swear on Vince Camuto till the day I die because I just love their shoes so much. These are no exception! I looooove these black booties with the low cut out that makes them just a little different.
Buy them here
Hooray you made it!! Full on summer intern ready to take on the world! You applied, interviewed, got the job, but wait- what do you mean you can't wear your favorite birks and comfort color tshirts to the office every day??? Oh yeah that's right- you're an ADULT now. (Well for the summer at least). This means you need big girl clothes and have a big girl mindset when you go shopping. Yes that shirt looks super cute but it's probably a little too low cut for work.
I know this can all seem kind of overwhelming but I've broken it down for you into the most simple pieces you need in your closet.
Professional pants are a must for the office. Try to get a few pairs of khakis, black slacks, and some pastel chinos to keep things light and fun for the summer. Make sure they aren't too long so they're dragging over your feet, and if they are shorter, it has to be a purposeful look, not an outgrown teenage boy look. Also, wait to get a good hold on your office culture to see if/when jeans are okay to wear. Some places are super chill and people wear jeans every day, some only have casual Friday's, and others it's never okay to wear jeans. Use your best judgement!
This one is probably pretty easy to understand- nothing too tight, nothing too low cut, nothing that shows a ton of skin. Leave that look for outside the office, to be taken seriously you should dress the part! I like classic button downs, light blouses, and shirts with wide straps if it's warm out. Always remember to bring a light cardigan if the office gets chilly, and get a blazer! Blazers are perfect to dress up any outfit and immediately make you look super professional.
Shoes are super important for the office too. Don't wear anything super uncomfortable and hard to walk in, but they're still your way of expressing yourself in a fun way! If you're wearing a super neutral outfit, a cool pop of color would look great. I love comfortable loafers, ballet flats, and chunky low heels. Shoes are totally up to you, wear what you feel comfortable in!
In summary: wear what makes you feel good always. Every office is different and every internship is different, be receptive to the other people in the office. Take pride in your image and be confident in yourself! You got the killer internship for a reason, flaunt it!
I'm always one for a statement piece, and this holiday season, it's got to be my leather mini skirt. It's fun, a little edgy, and oh so cute.
Here are my 3 favorite ways to wear it:
Pairing a festive red plaid with the skirt makes it a little more casual. I love this look for day events, pair it with some neutral makeup and fun booties and its perfect for any event!
This look is a more casual look, with a plain black tshirt and blanket scarf, its a good look for school or brunch. You could also throw on a pair of sheer black tights and a red lip to make it a little dressier.
This is by far my favorite look, (probably the one I'll be wearing for Christmas dinner!). A big turtleneck pairs perfectly with the leather and the over the knee boots are my new obsession. It's the most formal look and would be perfect with a dark lip color. Balance the lipstick with more neutral eye color so that you don't wash yourself out.
Let me know in the comments how you style your leather mini skirt! Happy holidays!
Summer is the second best season (behind fall of course, yes I'm a basic white girl and I love it). Everything about summer is great, the beach, no school work, even the thunderstorms make me happy. These are a few of my favorite things to use in the summer.
1. Crest 3D White Whitestrips: Nothing goes better with a summer tan than beautifully white teeth. Between coffee dates with my friends and stopping at Dunks to get my iced tea, my teeth really take a beating. These strips are my savior! I was even at the dentist and the oral hygienist complimented me on my white teeth.
Buy them here!
2. Nivea Hydrating Lip Care- A Kiss of Smoothness: When you spend as much time at the beach as I do, your lips can get sunburnt and chapped without you even realizing it. Unfortunately for me, I usually forget to protect my lips, but once I got this lip balm, my lips have been super smooth all summer long.
Buy it here!
3. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Moisturizing Sun Care After Sun Lotion: Okay I'm the first to admit I might not wear as much sunscreen as I should to get a better tan (I know I know my dermatologist is already cursing me out). But when I do get a little too much sun, or the perfect glow, I slather on this stuff after I take a shower to protect my tan and make it last longer. Plus, it smells fantastic!
Buy it here!
4. Commodity Rain Perfume: My signature scent for the summer, I bought this in a smaller size to make sure I actually liked it before I committed to a full size bottle, and I might have to go back to Sephora before school starts to get it. I love it, it's a beautiful blend of jasmine, lotus, dew, and verbena.
Get it at Sephora!
5. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Succulent: This color is perfect for summer. It's bright, fun, and never gets old! I don't usually wear a lot of makeup during the summer but when I do I take advantage of the time to wear bright colors and go all out. This color looked a lot more orangey online (it's more of a redder pink) but I'm so glad with how it came out.
6. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: this stuff is seriously my favorite thing ever. When I'm at school in the landlocked Midwest, I crave the way my hair feels coming right off the beach and this stuff is perfect for that! (I'm using this and the colourpop in this picture). It creates easy beachy waves with a nice texture that doesn't look messy at all.
Buy it here!